Restorative Dental Care
Restorative dental care is the study, diagnosis, and integrated management of diseases of the teeth and their supporting structures. In layman’s terms, we are here to fix your smile and get it back to absolute health
An unattractive, unhealthy smile can negatively impact your life in many ways. Lack of confidence in your appearance may cause you to hide your smile or smile less often. This can even impact your mood and overall outlook. Chronic pain from TMJ dysfunction can bring about exhaustion and depression.
Missing teeth can also negatively affect your self-confidence and your ability to comfortably eat and speak.
The good news
No matter your dental issue, with modern dentistry, Dr. Chi can give you back a beautiful, healthy, and comfortably functioning smile that will last for decades to come. Why suffer if you don’t have to?
Reasons for Dental Restoration
When patients have missing or severely damaged teeth, extreme bite imbalances, or other significant dental issues, restoration may be required to re-establish oral health and function. Dental makeovers can treat gum disease, alleviate discomfort from lost teeth, severe decay, or chronic bruxism (excessive teeth grinding or jaw clenching), repair/remove faulty dental work, and more, so you can enjoy a beautiful and lasting smile.
Your Personal Consultation
There is no ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL solution to your health or your smile. Dr. Chi always begins with a consultation so he can learn about your concerns and desires. How do you feel about your smile and oral health? Does anxiety or fear play a role when you seek and receive dental care?
Once the doctor understands your concerns and desires, he’ll perform an evaluation of your oral health by conducting a comprehensive oral exam and reviewing X-rays. He will explain his findings and recommendations. Together with Dr. Chi, you will devise a practical plan of action that takes into consideration your physical, emotional and financial comfort.
Common general restorative dental care procedures
- Bridges:Bridges are false teeth anchored in place by neighboring teeth. The bridge consists of two crowns on the anchoring teeth along with the false tooth in the center.
- Crowns and Caps: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that we place over a damaged, cracked, or chipped tooth, in order to restore its shape, size, strength, and improve its appearance.
- Dentures: Dentures are a common restorative device used to replace missing teeth for people with missing teeth. Another type of denture is called Partials. These are common when a client is missing or in need of replacing several teeth
- Extractions: the removal of a tooth from its socket in the bone
- Air Abrasion & micro dentistry Air abrasion technology uses a fine powder called aluminum oxide under air pressure to blast out small cavities in teeth without the need for anesthetic or needles.
- Fillings and Repairs:Modern dental technology uses new advanced composites that bond and fuse to the tooth to form ultra strong and long lasting solutions.
- Sealants: Sealants act like raincoats for your teeth They shield the teeth from acid and harmful bacteria and have been shown to reduce the risk of decay by nearly 80% in molars